Duration: 2 Days Cost: €1,400 Overview: This course teaches how to analyze data with a single continuous response variable using analysis of variance and regression methods.
Duration: 2 Days
Overview: This course teaches how to analyze data with a single continuous response variable using analysis of variance and regression methods. You learn how to perform elementary exploratory data analysis (EDA) and discover natural patterns in data. Important statistical concepts such as confidence intervals are also introduced.
Learn how to
Use JMP software to:
- compare two means using a t-test
- generate and interpret an analysis of variance to compare more than two means
- analyze relationships between continuous variables using simple and multiple linear regression models
- perform an analysis of covariance to incorporate continuous and categorical predictors
- evaluate assumptions in statistical hypothesis testing.
Pre-requisites: Before attending the course, you should complete the JMP Software: A Case Study Approach to Data Exploration course or have equivalent experience.
This course uses JMP software.
Who: Analysts and researchers with some statistical knowledge
Introduction to Statistics
- statistical concepts
- descriptive statistics and some of their graphs
- inferential statistics
- hypothesis tests
- one-sample t-test
- paired t-test (self-study)
- two-sample t-test
Analysis of Variance
- one-way ANOVA with two groups
- one-way ANOVA with more than two groups
- fitting an N-way ANOVA model
- contrasts in N-way ANOVA (self-study)
- power and sample size
Simple Linear Regression
- exploratory data analysis
- simple linear regression
- polynomial regression
- fitting a multiple regression model
- fitting a multiple regression model with interactions
- generating and comparing candidate models
- evaluating assumptions
- influential observations
- fitting an analysis of covariance (ANCOVA) model
november 6 (Monday) - 7 (Tuesday)
New Horizons Ireland
Strand House, 22-24 Strand Street Great, Dublin 1
Event Organised by
The Analytics Storeinfo@theanalyticsstore.com
Tickets are not available for sale any more for this event!