Cost: €1188 Duration: 2- days Day Rate: €594 Overview: This course focuses on the components of the SAS macro facility and how to design, write, and debug macro systems. Emphasis is
Duration: 2- days
Day Rate: €594
Overview: This course focuses on the components of the SAS macro facility and how to design, write, and debug macro systems. Emphasis is placed on understanding how programs with macro code are processed.
Pre-requisites: Before attending this course, you should have completed the SAS Programming 2: Data Manipulation Techniques course or have equivalent knowledge. Specifically, you should be able to
- use a DATA step to read from or write to a SAS data set or external file
- use DATA step programming statements such as IF-THEN/ELSE, DO WHILE, DO UNTIL, and iterative DO
- use SAS data set options such as DROP=, KEEP=, and OBS=
- use character functions such as SUBSTR, SCAN, INDEX, and UPCASE
- form subsets of data using the WHERE clause
- create and use SAS date values and constants
- use SAS procedures such as SORT, PRINT, CONTENTS, MEANS, FREQ, TABULATE, and CHART.
This course addresses Base SAS software.
This course is appropriate for students who are using SAS 9 software.
Who: Experienced SAS programmers who have a sound understanding of DATA step processing and who want to write SAS programs that are reusable and dynamic
Outline: The course will explore the following topics through a series of interactive workshop sessions:
- perform text substitution in SAS code
- automate and customize the production of SAS code
- conditionally or iteratively construct SAS code
- use macro variables and macro functions
May 31 (Thursday) 1:00 am - June 1 (Friday) 1:00 am