Duration: 3 days Cost: €1782 Overview: This course is for SAS programmers who prepare data for analysis. The comparisons of manipulation techniques and resource cost benefits are designed to help
Duration: 3 days
Overview: This course is for SAS programmers who prepare data for analysis. The comparisons of manipulation techniques and resource cost benefits are designed to help programmers choose the most appropriate technique for their data situation.
Pre-requisites: Before attending this course, you should have completed the SAS Programming 2: Data Manipulation Techniques course or have equivalent knowledge. Specifically, you should be able to
- use a DATA step to read from or write to a SAS data set or external file
- use DATA step programming statements such as IF-THEN/ELSE, DO WHILE, DO UNTIL, and iterative DO
- use SAS data set options such as DROP=, KEEP=, and OBS=
- use character functions such as SUBSTR, SCAN, INDEX, and UPCASE
- form subsets of data using the WHERE clause
- create and use SAS date values and constants
- use SAS procedures such as SORT, PRINT, CONTENTS, MEANS, FREQ, TABULATE, and CHART.
This course addresses Base SAS software.
This course is appropriate for students who are using SAS 9 software.
Who: Experienced SAS programmers
Outline: The course will explore the following topics through a series of interactive workshop sessions. You will compare various SAS programming techniques that enable you to
- benchmark computer resource usage
- control memory, I/O, and CPU resources
- create and use indexes
- combine data horizontally
- use hash and hiter DATA step component objects and arrays as lookup tables
- compress SAS data sets
- sample your SAS data sets
- create and use SAS data views
- safely reduce the length of numeric variables
- create user-defined functions and informats.
december 11 (Monday) - 13 (Wednesday)
New Horizons Ireland
Strand House, 22-24 Strand Street Great, Dublin 1
Event Organised by
The Analytics Storeinfo@theanalyticsstore.com
Tickets are not available for sale any more for this event!