Title: SAS Platform Administration: System Administration
Duration: 2 Days
Overview: This course provides students with the essential knowledge to perform the job functions of a SAS platform administrator.
Learn how to:
- administer and back up SAS metadata
- administer SAS Metadata Server
- administer SAS servers
- monitor, log, and troubleshoot SAS servers
- utilize SAS Environment Manager.
Pre-requisites: Before attending this course, it is useful but not required to have experience with the Platform for SAS Business Analytics. You can gain this experience by attending the Getting Started with the Platform for SAS Business Analytics course.
This course uses SAS Analytics Platform, SAS Management Console software.
Who: Platform administrators
Reviewing the Platform for SAS Business Analytics
- exploring the platform for SAS Business Analytics overview
- exploring the platform architecture
- reviewing platform administration tasks
- operating SAS servers and spawners
Understanding SAS Metadata and the Metadata Server
- exploring the SAS Metadata Server and metadata repositories
- exploring initial authentication to the metadata server
- exploring SAS metadata objects
- backing up the SAS platform
- implementing a SAS Metadata Server cluster
Managing SAS Servers and Spawners
- understanding SAS servers
- administering server logging
- managing logins for SAS servers and third-party database servers
Exploring SAS Middle Tier
- exploring SAS Environment Manager
- exploring SAS middle-tier architecture
- exploring SAS middle-tier configuration
Exploring Ongoing Administration Tasks