Title: SAS SQ1: Essentials
Duration: 2 Days
Overview: This course teaches you how to process SAS data using Structured Query Language (SQL).
Pre-requisites: Before attending this class, you should be able to
- submit SAS programs on your operating system
- create and access SAS data sets
- use arithmetic, comparison, and logical operators
- invoke SAS procedures.
You can gain this experience from the SAS Programming 1: Essentials course. No knowledge of SQL is necessary.
This course addresses Base SAS software.
This course is appropriate for students who are using SAS 9 software.
Who: SAS programmers and business analysts
- overview of SAS Foundation
- course logistics
- course data files
- introducing the Structured Query Language
- overview of the SQL procedure
- specifying columns
- specifying rows
Displaying Query Results
- presenting data
- summarizing data
- introduction to SQL joins
- inner joins
- outer joins
- complex SQL joins
- noncorrelated subqueries
- in-line views
- introduction to set operators
- the UNION operator
- the OUTER UNION operator
- the EXCEPT operator
- the INTERSECT operator
Creating Tables and Views
- creating tables with the SQL procedure
- creating views with the SQL procedure
Advanced PROC SQL Features
- dictionary tables and views
- using SQL procedure options
- interfacing PROC SQL with the macro language